Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 1 - Dominated!!!

I know what you're thinking right..."Anyone can be a good mom for one day, let's see how's she's doing in a month or two."  Haha!! It's ok! I thought the same thing a little while ago, but you know what? I'm not going to belittle my first step.  Being a mom is tough PERIOD! Whether you work or not it's never easy navigating this world with little ones in tow.  Life is full of road block and obstacles and growing pains.  Today was a good day, a really good day.  So here's my philosophy in this journey...I'm going to have blow out celebrations for every little milestone, miracle, happy day or even ordinary days.  When they're not fantastic, well, I'll just be glad that God promises HIS mercy is renewed daily and that he gives me each day what I need to make that THAT day good.

Today was full of hugs and laughs.  Trying to mediate peace between male and female, 8 and 4, well we didn't make it ALL day with no drama but when the good out weighs the bad, it's a good day.  I cleaned (a lot compared to last week haha), I shopped (suitcases are expensive), I played video games with Will and babies with Gracy.  Most of all, today I saw God...it every small thing that went on around me.  In the hugs of an 8 year old boy and the kisses of a 4 year old girl.  I am blessed beyond measure and grateful beyond words. I am clinging to the promises of God and praising Him all the way!

1 comment:

  1. This post made my heart leap for joy! You are getting to experience life's greatest blessing(s)!

    ReplyDelete