Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sufficiency and Prayer

Wow...what change can happen in a month.  I'm sure I've said it before, but I'm amazed at my life and so grateful for every moment.  Even the bad ones.  In the last month I have changed.  I am fascinated by these changes.  They're all through me...and all around me.  I have seen God move in my life in new and totally unexpected ways.  I am physically stronger and spiritually rested for the next step of my journey.  I watched my first child get baptized by a young man who I love like a brother...it was one of the most joyful moments of my life. I have had front row seats to watching lives of friends and family fall apart. I have learned prayer and patience in situations that were well beyond human capabilities to fix and been angry with God for what I felt was a lack of proper response on His part.  I have seen new lives grow and been blessed beyond measure to be a small part of those tiny little lives.  I have discovered a renewed passion for the institute of marriage.  Not just mine but in coming long side others who are struggling in theirs...young and old.  I don't have the answers but God does.

Mostly this month has taught me to really mean it when I say that my God is sufficient to meet my needs. I have struggled with my faith, believing fully God would fix things and when he didn't, dealing with the aftermath of shaken faith.  In all these times of spiritual, physical and emotional weakness I have persisted.  I have beat down the door heaven with prayer. I believe with all my heart that God blesses our struggling faith. He shores up the defenses of our hearts while we take wobbly toddler steps into new and bigger faith.

No matter what is going on in your life, what secret sins you carry, what battles you are fighting, what broken situation you are facing, I believe with every breath and fiber of my being that God has you in his hands.  I believe that God is sufficient for your every weakness, your every hurt and worry and need. I believe in the power of His Great name.  I don't know what the future may hold for me or for the people around me who's struggles I'm praying over or for the people around me with secret struggles. But I know where my hope comes from. I'm praying for you...wherever you are.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jennifer!!! I loved reading this. I, too, am learning more about God word and relying on him for my needs. I am also growing in my faith and I am so thankful to have friends like you in my life!!! Thank you so much for your kindness and understanding. God is truly working through you!!! Love ya girl!!

    Heidi Butler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, good stuff. Reading this makes me want to go rest in that sufficiency.

    ReplyDelete